We're Desjardins Insurance1 – Desjardins Group's life and health insurance subsidiary. Every day, over 5 million Canadians count on us to help ensure their financial security. How do we achieve this? By offering innovative life and health insurance and retirement savings solutions! Looking for coverage for yourself or your business? We've got what it takes!
Desjardins Insurance also means:*
- 3,744 employees
- $97.7 million in taxes and income tax
- $2.4 billion in benefits paid to insureds
- $17.6 billion worth of Canadian investments
- Nearly $3.4 million worth of contributions to the community
- 8,508 representatives and brokers
- More than 100 years of experience
*as at December 31, 2012
We share Desjardins Group's cooperative values. That's why at Desjardins Insurance, people come first. We're always there for you, to help in any way we can. We focus on you, so we can suggest the right insurance and savings solutions for your specific needs
We're a dynamic company
The company, which pioneered the concept of bancassurance (insurance products and services offered in financial institutions, such as Desjardins caisses) in this country, now ranks fifth among life and health insurers in Canada and first in Quebec in terms of written premiums.
Our distribution networks
To accommodate the preferences of our clientele, we make our products and services available to individuals, groups and businesses through a diverse range of distribution channels, including:
- Financial centres of Desjardins Insurance, Independent Network and Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. (in Canada, outside Quebec)
- Financial centres of SFL and SFL Investments (in Quebec)
- Desjardins caisses (more than 259 dedicated financial security advisors)
- Desjardins Business Centres
- Directinsurance, either over the Internet or through the Company’s call centre services
We also maintain business relationships with many group plan representatives, consulting actuaries, as well as brokers and general agents (MGAs) across Canada.
Our places of business
In addition to our head office in Lévis, we have offices in several other cities coast to coast, including Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec, Halifax and St. John’s.
1. Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company.