A Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) lets you convert your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and certain supplemental pension plans into retirement income.
A RRIF is like an RRSP "extender." Your savings continue to grow tax-free, but withdrawals are taxable.
- Manage your own investments during your retirement
- Choose the amount and frequency of your withdrawals
- Take advantage of tax-free growth
RRIF-eligible savings products
- Don't want to transfer your RRSP savings to a RRIF? Why not consider a life annuity or a term certain annuity?
- Another option is to cash out your RRSP savings, but if you do, you'll be fully taxed on this withdrawal.