Our coverage protects you and your dependents from the financial consequences of illness, accident, inability to work, death or other events.
Some plans also include a
health spending account (HSA) to cover additional medical and dental expenses or a
For more information on insurance, contact your plan administrator.
Covers some expenses that aren’t reimbursed under public healthcare plans, such as:
- Hospitalization expenses
- Medical expenses
- Fees for healthcare specialists
Covers the most common vision care expenses, such as:
- Eye exams
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Eye surgery
Covers expenses for a number of services so you or your family member can recover at home (after an operation, for example).
- Various home care services
- Convalescence assistance service
Covers expenses for common dental treatments and procedures, such as:
- Preventive care (cleanings, checkups)
- Restorative care (fillings, crowns, dentures, etc.)
Replaces your salary if you become disabled for a short or long period of time.
Pays a lump sum in the event of natural or accidental death.
Accidental death and dismemberment
Pays a lump sum in the event of accidental death, dismemberment or loss of sight. In the case of a death, this amount is paid on top of the life insurance lump sum.
Lets you increase the amount of your insurance coverage or purchase coverage that isn’t included in your basic plan.
Three types of optional insurance are available:
- Critical illness
- Accidental death and dismemberment
Travel and trip cancellation
For expatriate employees
For temporary residents
Protect yourself when you work abroad or are returning from a prolonged stay, or if you’re a foreign worker coming to Canada.
1. This coverage is part of the extended healthcare benefit and any eligible expenses are subject to the conditions set out under that benefit.