Nobody likes to think about life and health insurance, which is natural since thinking about death, disability or illness isn't fun.
However, you're getting on in life, and your needs are changing.
It's important to take the time to go over your coverage and make sure it's still appropriate. Life stages, like the birth of a child, the purchase of property or starting a new business, require a financial commitment on your part.
Life and health insurance
- minimizes the potential financial repercussions of an accident, illness or death on your financial security and that of your loved ones
- could be a very useful financial planning tool since it protects the value of taxable assets
It's worth reviewing your insurance if:
- your coverage hasn't changed in the last 3 or 5 years
- you have new family and fiscal responsibilities, like the birth of a child or the purchase of property, since it came into force
- taking the current economic context and inflation into account, the income generated by your life insurance's proceeds no longer suffices for your loved ones to maintain their standard of living after your death
Do you have group insurance?
Your employer’s group insurance plan gives you access to coverage you need at prices you can afford. But what happens if you leave your job or retire? Learn how you can maintain certain coverages for you and your family, with no medical exam and without having to provide proof of good health.
Back to Advice centre
It’s time to take action!
You could use a little help from our specialist to restore your financial health. Schedule an appointment with one of our financial security advisors today.
You have a special financial situation, so we strongly recommend a more in-depth review.
You’re in the know and in control of your financial health! We recommend that you meet with a financial security advisor every other year for a routine review and see them whenever your personal or job situation changes or you’re ready to plan for retirement.