The current situation is stressful for many of us. At Desjardins, we're here for you. We’re making resources available to you, so we can help you get through this unprecedented period.
The situation is evolving quickly, and it can be difficult to stay on top of all the latest measures and advice. Here’s a quick recap of government-recommended practices for preventing COVID-19, prepared with our partner Novus Health:
Physical distancing: the best way to protect the community and prevent COVID-19.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others. In addition to protecting you, the physical distancing measures can help reduce the number of new infections.
- Avoid being near people who are sick, coughing or sneezing.
- Isolate yourself if you can, especially if you are at higher risk.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean high-touch surfaces often (phones, toilets, door handles, etc.).
By following these practices, you can help reduce the spread of the virus and also minimize the chances of getting it yourself. In addition, you'll be helping to protect the more vulnerable among us, who are at risk of complications if they get the virus.
Additional resources available to you:
Government of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) External link. Opens in a new window.
World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic External link. Opens in a new window.