Our coverage protects you and your dependents from the financial consequences of an illness, accident, inability to work or death.
Some plans also include a
health spending account (HSA) to cover additional medical and dental expenses or a
For more information on insurance, contact your plan administrator.
Lets you increase the amount of your insurance coverage or purchase coverage that isn’t included in your basic plan.
Three types of optional insurance are available:
- Critical illness
- Accidental death and dismemberment
Pays a lump sum if you or a family member are diagnosed with a covered critical illness or undergo an eligible surgical procedure.
Accidental death and dismemberment
Pays a lump sum in the event of accidental death, dismemberment or loss of sight. In the case of a death, this amount is paid on top of the life insurance lump sum.
Replaces your salary if you become disabled for a short or long period of time.
Covers expenses for common dental treatments and procedures, such as:
- Preventive care (cleanings, checkups)
- Restorative care (fillings, crowns, dentures, etc.)
Covers expenses for a number of services so you or your family member can recover at home (after an operation, for example).
- Various home care services
- Convalescence assistance service
Covers some expenses that aren’t reimbursed under public healthcare plans1, such as:
- Hospitalization expenses
- Medical expenses
- Fees for healthcare specialists
Covers the most common vision care expenses1, such as:
- Eye exams
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Eye surgery
Pays a lump sum in the event of natural or accidental death.
Travel and trip cancellation
Cover certain emergency medical expenses incurred when you and your dependents are travelling out of your province of residence1.
- Emergency healthcare
- Trip cancellation or interruption
You can also get medical, personal and financial assistance
wherever you are, 24/7, thanks to our
Travel Assistance service.
For expatriate employees
For temporary residents
Protect yourself when you work abroad or are returning from a prolonged stay, or if you’re a foreign worker coming to Canada.
1. Part of our extended healthcare benefit, which includes supplementary healthcare, vision care, home care and prescription drug insurance, as well as travel and trip cancellation insurance.