Choose from a wide range of short- and long-term coverage options—we’ve got something for every budget! No matter what benefit amount you choose, it will make a difference when you’re diagnosed with a critical illness!
- Cover the extra expenses that can come with a critical illness
- Focus on getting better while meeting your financial obligations
- Pay for treatment that isn’t covered under your provincial plan
- Take time off work if you need to care for a critically ill child
- Keep your business running smoothly if you aren’t able to work
How critical illness insurance works
You’re covered for up to 26 illnesses and surgical procedures and get a tax-free lump-sum benefit no matter what happens.
When you’re diagnosed with a covered critical illness, you’ll receive the benefit you’ve chosen (from $10,000 to $3,000,000) to use as you see fit.
- In the event of premature death, your beneficiary will receive the higher of:
- 100% of the premiums paid
- 25% of the benefit
- If you remain healthy until your coverage ends, you’ll get all of your premiums back!
What we offer
Business owners: Coverage for partners and tax breaks (26 illnesses, including long-term care coverage)
Children: Start to build a solid financial plan (up to 26 illnesses + 6 childhood diseases)
Everyone: Comprehensive coverage (up to 26 illnesses, including long-term care coverage)
- Cover your children and make sure they’ll be able to get life insurance when they grow up regardless of their health
- Protect yourself and your children in case of fracture
- Benefit from a premium holiday in the event of disability
- And much more!
Complimentary assistance services
Psychological Assistance. Speak with a psychologist, either in person or by phone, when you need help with various problems.
Autonomy assistance. In the event of temporary or permanent loss of autonomy, a nurse will coordinate a wide range of non-medical home services to make life easier for you or your caregivers.
Second medical opinion. Get a second opinion on a medical condition from a renowned medical expert, who will perform an in-depth review of your medical records and history (by Best Doctors® registered trademark).
If you suddenly had to stop working due to a heart attack, cancer or a stroke, how would your business be affected?
The Executive Health Plan (EHP) is a financial strategy that allows business owners like you to take out critical illness insurance with your company. You and your business share the insurance costs, but you also share the tax advantages!
The EHP pays a tax-free benefit when the first of the following occurs:
- If you or one of your partners suffers a critical illness or dies prematurely:
- Your company will receive the benefit
- If you remain healthy until your coverage ends:
- You’ll get back all the premiums you and your company have paid.
How to buy a policy
Make an appointment with a representative today. They’ll assess your financial needs and recommend a solution best-suited to your priorities.