Even if your number is on the National DNCL, you could still receive calls:
- From registered charities seeking donations
- From newspapers looking for subscriptions
- From political parties and their candidates
- From companies you have an existing business relationship with (e.g. if you've done business with the company within the past 18 months)
- For the purposes of market research, polls or surveys that are not intended to sell a product or service or solicit donations
Companies and organizations that make these kinds of calls are still required to keep their own internal do not call lists. If you want them to stop calling you, have them add your number(s) to their list. Companies and organizations are required to comply with your request within 31 days.
Learn more about telephone solicitation