It's any injury or medical condition for which, in the reference period:
- New symptoms appeared or the existing symptoms were more frequent or more intense
- You consulted a physician (except for a routine check-up)
- A physician recommended that you undergo a test, you underwent a test or you are waiting for the results
- You had surgery, were hospitalized or a physician recommended that you have surgery
- You started a new treatment, including a new drug, or a new treatment was prescribed
- You had a change in treatment or medication (quantity, frequency or the medication itself) or such a change was prescribed
The exclusion for unstable injuries or medical conditions applies to Emergency Health Care and Trip Cancellation coverages..
For Emergency Health Care coverage, the reference period is:
- 3 months before your departure date, if you are 54 or under on that date; or
- 6 months before your departure date, if you are 55 or older on that date.
For Trip Cancellation coverage, the reference period is 3 months before the Trip Cancellation coverage purchase date.
Learn more about travel insurance