Thoughtful investment solutions
At Desjardins GRS investments, we offer thoughtful investment solutions for thoughtful employers. Our attentive team handles your business with care, delivering hands-on governance to offer you the best possible insights and outcomes. Our platform is built by people, for people, leading the way in responsible investing that considers both individual and collective results.
- We put values to work with responsible investing so your employees can better connect with their social engagements.
- We offer investment solutions that keep your employees' best interests in mind.
- We simplify investments so your employees can achieve their financial goals.
Get in touch today and discover why thousands of thoughtful employers across the country choose us as trusted partners.
Investments with a positive impact
Our responsible investment approach considers environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria while still focusing on financial returns.
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about responsible investment and ESG criteria
Reasons to offer responsible investment to your employees
72% of the Canadian population is interested in responsible investment1. There are many reasons why.
Positive social and environmental impact
Attractive return potential
Desire to be consistent with your lifestyle or convictions
Give your employees the choice to support companies that contribute to sustainable development and social responsibility by adding responsible investment solutions to their group plan.
Measurable impacts of our products
We're RI pioneers in Canada. For more than 30 years, we’ve provided employees with innovative investment solutions that have positive effects on society and the planet.
For example, based on an estimated investment of CA$10 million in 20202, companies that
Desjardins SocieTerra Cleantech Fund (Impax) invested in contributed to:
- 700 fewer net tons of CO2 emitted, equal to 169 cars during 1 year3
- 300 million litres of water saved, distributed or processed, equal to the water consumption of 2,498 Canadians during 1 year4
- 180 tons of waste recovered or processed, equal to the waste produced by 250 Canadians per year5
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about our expertise in responsible investment
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about our responsible investment policy (PDF, 534 KB)
External link. This link will open in a new window. View our 2021 annual report – Pooled funds (PDF, 21.7 MB)
Responsible investment solutions for your employees
Discover our lineup of RI products for group retirement savings!
Group retirement savings offers many responsible investment (RI) solutions, including a Lifecycle Path with actively managed RI funds, 5 SocieTerra target risk funds and 5 à la carte funds.
You can now offer your employees turnkey RI solutions that allow them to invest in diversified funds or in a Lifecycle Path that evolves according to their investment horizon.
As a pioneer in RI for over 30 years, Desjardins gives you access to world-renowned portfolio managers with proven track records.
See our funds
- 2020 RIA Investor Opinion Survey https://www.riacanada.ca/content/uploads/2020/10/2020-RIA-Investor-Opinion-Survey-Report_FINAL_Oct-15.pdf
- Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited. The contributions are based on the annual impact of the assets held in the Desjardins SocieTerra Positive Change Fund portfolio on December 31, 2020. For those holdings that have been in the portfolio for less than the full year, no attempt has been made to pro-rate the contribution. However, as we have a long time horizon and aim to invest in our holdings for five to ten years or longer, portfolio turnover will be low. Headline Impact Data, while providing an indication of the impact of the portfolio, are vulnerable to inconsistencies. This may be due to underlying assumptions. How companies measure and report is not always uniform and, in some cases, requires conversion to allow for aggregation across the portfolio. Where information is not available, we do not include a company's contribution within the Headline Impact Data snapshot. In time, we hope to be able to encourage companies to increase their reporting. Data for CO2e saved is based on company reporting which is either in CO2 or CO2e; the aggregate data is presented as CO2e as this is the most conservative approach. Data related to healthcare is presented to date, covering multiple years.
- The net CO2 emissions are calculated by subtracting the 3,100 tons of CO2 avoided from the 2,400 tons of CO2 produced.
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about calculating the CO2 emissions of a car with annual kilometrage of 20,000 km
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about the average annual residential water consumption per Canadian (about 329 litres of water per day)
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about the annual production of waste per Canadian (720 kg of waste on average)